We are committed to the transition to a global net zero economy, not just by playing our part, but by helping to lead it. Being sustainable is good for business, and our clients need a partner with the understanding, capabilities and resources necessary to help them thrive in a low-carbon economy.
This booklet provides examples of how we’re mobilising finance, accelerating innovation and working in partnership with our Asia Pacific customers to realise the opportunity to build a more sustainable, resilient, and prosperous future.
Find out how we’re supporting clients across different geographies and sectors on their path to net zero with tailored sustainable finance solutions in ‘Sustainable Business for the Future’.
What’s covered in the guide:
- Bangladesh’s first Sustainability Linked Loan
- Green trade financing to fund rooftop solar panels in Vietnam
- Green financing to help a Vietnam plastics producer open a recycling factory
- Green guarantee to support the construction of a wind farm in Taiwan
- Thailand’s first green deposit for a global chemical company
- Mauritius escrow deal for one of India’s leading renewable energy companies
- Green loan to help Sri Lanka’s leading plastic recycler to boost its capacity
HSBC is fully committed to a sustainable future – for our clients, our partners and wider society. We have embarked on achieving net zero carbon emissions in our own operations by 2030, and we’re working hard to support our portfolio of customers through their transition.
To do this, we have dedicated between USD750bn and USD1tn in finance and investment by 2030 to assist our clients toward a more sustainable business model.