Non-Provision of Financial Services or Products
Neither [The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited] (the''Bank'') nor any HSBC Group members offer any financial services or products through their use and operation of this website, or gateway (the''Site''). Products or services on this Site do not constitute an offer or recommendation of any products or services provided by any of the HSBC Group members. The information provided on this Site is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation. This Site shall not be considered as communicating any invitation or inducement to engage in banking or investment activity or any offer to buy or sell any securities or other instruments outside any jurisdiction where the Bank is not licensed or authorised to perform such activities (hereinafter the ''Authorised Countries'').
Not all the products and services that you may be able to view via this Site may be available in all geographical locations served by HSBC Group members. You should access only the Local Site(s) associated with your country of residence (''Mauritius''). If you own products that are not discussed on Your Local Site, information about such products may be accessible on this or another HSBC website. Products and services discussed outside Your Local Site may not be available in your jurisdiction of residence or in the Authorised Countries and may not be appropriate for you. It is the responsibility of any persons accessing this Site and any information available through this Site to inform himself or herself of and to observe fully the applicable laws and regulations of any relevant jurisdiction. HSBC Group members may decline to provide you with products and services solely based on your country of residence.
Products discussed on this Site may not have been registered or authorized by any central bank, governmental or regulatory authority in the Authorised Countries or in the country of your residence. Accordingly, you may not have the benefit of protection from the securities laws, banking laws and other relevant laws and regulations of your country of residence with respect to products or services referred to on or through this Site.
No representation is given that any securities, products, or services discussed in or accessible through this Site are suitable for you or any particular person. You acknowledge that your use of this Site and any requests for information you have made as a result of visiting this Site have not been solicited by the Bank or any of its affiliates and that the provision of any information through this Site shall not constitute or be considered investment or financial advice.
The information contained in these pages is not intended to provide professional advice. Persons accessing these pages should obtain appropriate professional advice when necessary.
Copyright and Trademarks
The Bank and other parties own the trademarks, logos and service marks displayed on this website. These may not be used without the written permission of the Bank or the party owning these.
Materials on this site are protected by copyright. No part of these materials may be modified, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, transmitted, copied, distributed or used in any other way for commercial or public purposes without the Bank's prior written consent.
Whilst every care has been taken in preparing the information materials contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. In particular, no warranty regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The Bank or any other HSBC Group member is not responsible for the contents available on or the set-up of any other websites linked to this site. Access to and use of such other websites is at the user's own risk and subject to any terms and conditions applicable to such access/use. By providing hyperlinks to other websites, the Bank shall not be deemed to endorse, recommend, approve, guarantee or introduce any third parties or the service/products they provide on their web site, or have any form of cooperation with such third parties and web sites. The bank is not a party to any contractual arrangements entered into between you and the provider of the external website unless otherwise expressly specified or agreed to by the Bank.
Email messages sent to the Bank over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be completely secure. The Bank is not responsible for any damages incurred by users if they send a message to the Bank, or if the Bank sends a message to them at their request, over the Internet. The Bank is not responsible in any way for direct, indirect, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of this website.
Transmitting over The Internet
Due to the nature of the Internet transactions may be subject to interruption, transmission blackout, delayed transmission and incorrect data transmission. The Bank is not liable for malfunctions in communications facilities not under its control that may affect the accuracy or timeliness of messages and transactions you send.
We do not represent or warrant that the Site will be available and meet your requirements, that access will not be interrupted, that there will be no delays, failures, errors or omissions or loss of transmitted information, that no viruses or other contaminating or destructive properties will be transmitted or that no damage will occur to your computer system. You have sole responsibility for adequate protection and back up of data and/or equipment and for undertaking reasonable and appropriate precautions to scan for computer viruses or other destructive properties. We make no representations or warranties regarding the accuracy, functionality or performance of any third party software that may be used in connection with the Site.
Instant Messaging and Other Communication Channels
1. Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions describe what you agree to, by using third party communication channels, such as WhatsApp, to communicate with HSBC (‘we’ or ‘us’).
You agree that:
- We will not be held liable, if you have shared confidential information (e.g. personal data) through third party communication channels unless we have confirmed to you that you can do so.
- We are only able to accept text on this channel. Please do not send us any images, attachments, audio files or videos unless we confirm that we can receive them.
- We are not able to act, accept or process on any instructions received to this channel.
- We cannot guarantee that this third-party communication channel is timely, secure, error or virus-free.
- Any indicative trade details provided should not be regarded as complete or as representing the actual terms on which we may trade. Figures included in the third-party communication channel may relate to past performance or simulated past performance (together ‘past performance’). Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance.
- We will not be responsible for any leaks or usage of information by any third-party communication channel, or by any errors, omissions, or reasons outside of our control.
- You agree that no representation or warranty (expressed or implied) is made by us nor is any responsibility of any kind accepted by us with respect to the completeness or accuracy of any information of projection in, or omission from, the information in any messages.
- We will accept no liability whatsoever for any direct, indirect, or consequential loss arising from the use of the information in any messages.
- You agree to use and abide by all the terms and conditions of this third- party communication channel.
- You agree not to send us or our third-party service providers any offensive, defamatory, fraudulent or other unlawful information through these third-party communication channels.
- If you receive a message from us by mistake, you are not to copy, forward, disclose or use any part of it. Instead, you agree to delete the message and all copies of it, and to notify us immediately by replying to us.
- Your usage of third-party communication channels will be governed by separate direct agreements you have in place with them. It is your responsibility to comply with them and to check regularly for any updates to their terms and conditions, policies, service statements, business rules, announcement guidelines, etc. It is up to you to decide if you continue to find them acceptable.
- We may suspend or terminate this third-party communication channel offered to you as a means of communication with us. We may also change the scope and features of this channel at any time. Where possible, we will give you advance notice of material changes, or our plans to suspend or terminate a third-party communication channel.
- We make information about our products and services available through this instant messaging service. However, it should not be taken as an offer, solicitation, recommendation or advice.
- We shall not be considered as communicating any invitation, inducement, offer or solicitation to engage in banking, investment, or insurance activity in any jurisdiction where such communication would be against the law or regulations. You should not consider or treat our communications as such either.
- If you are located outside Mauritius, the products and services made available to you through our instant messaging channels may not be registered or authorized by central bank, governmental or regulatory authority in your location. As such, you may not be protected by the securities laws, banking laws, insurance laws or other relevant laws and regulations in your place of residence or location for such products and services.
- Besides you and us, no other person will have any right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Party) Ordinance to enforce or enjoy the benefit of any provisions under these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions are governed by and will be construed in accordance with the laws of Mauritius.
2. Privacy Notice
- We will collect, store, use and share your personal data in accordance with our Data Privacy policies.
- We may record and monitor all communications with you for the purposes set out in that notice.
- The third-party communication channels you use to communicate with us will collect, store, use and share your personal data in accordance with their own privacy policies.
- We may share the message contents and other information about you with the third-party communication channels you use to communicate with us, as well as other third parties. This is for the purpose of enabling, maintaining, and supporting those communication channels.
3. Safety Tips
- Please make sure you download third-party communication channel apps, software and updates from the official app stores. You should also keep your apps and software updated to the latest version.
- Please refer to cybercrime page for tips on online security, mobile security and safer online banking. You can also visit the websites of the relevant third-party communication channel for further security tips.